This new list of priorities was established by Order of Supereme Court of South Carolina with Appellate Case No. 2015-001725 signed on 20 January 2016.
In the event an attorney of record is called to appear simultaneously in actions pending in two or more tribunals of this State, the following list shall establish the priority of his obligations to those tribunals:
(1) The Supreme Court.
(2) The Court of Appeals.
(3) The Commission on Judicial Conduct, the Commission on Lawyer Conduct, and the Committee on Character and Fitness.
(4) The Family Court – merits hearings involving child abuse, child neglect, and termination of parental rights; juvenile criminal hearings where the juvenile is in detention or otherwise in state custody.
(5) The Circuit Court – General Sessions.
(6) The Circuit Court – Common Pleas, Jury Term.
(7) The Family Court – all cases not referenced in (4) above.
(8) The Circuit Court – Common Pleas, Non-Jury Term.
(9) The Administrative Law Court.
(10) Alternative Dispute Resolution Conferences conducted pursuant to the SC Court-Annexed ADR Rules.
(11) The Probate Court.
(12) Magistrates and Municipal Courts.
(13) Other Administrative Bodies or Officials.